Outside Reading Book- With Malice

The book that I am currently reading is With Malice, by Eileen Cook. This book is about a girl named Jill, and she wakes up in a hospital bed not remembering what happened in the last 6 weeks. It was currently May, but she thought it was still March. She was about to go on  trip to Italy, so she was begging her mom to still let her go, but the accident that was responsible for putting her in the hospital occurred in Italy. During this accident, her best friend was killed. This book is about her figuring out the story as she learns new information. Even though I am only in the first part of the novel, I love it. From the first page, this book grabbed my attention. Cook is very descriptive throughout the book, and describes every event vividly. It makes it seem like you stepped into Jill's shoes, and you are experiencing everything she is.

The author also incorporates interviews and news articles in this book. This makes the book more fun to read, and it changes the format of the words. Also, I love this book because it is about how some people think she killed her best friend, Simone, on purpose, when she thinks she would never do that. I am predicting she killed her best friend on purpose. I am inferring this because the book title is called With Malice. I am discovering bits and pieces as I read, and I can't wait to continue and figure out the truth!

Comments

Popular Posts