Missions Trip- Vocab

This upcoming Christmas, my family and I are going on a Mission trip to Costa Rica. When my mom first told me about this, I was less sanguine about the trip than her. She was super excited to help out the community of Costa Rica. I know it is a good experience, but I wanted to stay home for Christmas instead of working hard and roughing it for a week.

Then I realized I shouldn't be so self-centered. I have a very privileged life, and I feel as I should give back to the community. I take most things for granted, and roughing it for one week isn't bad compared to other people's lifestyles. Also, getting immersed into the Costa Rican culture and lifestyle will be a good experience for us. This experience can also help me and my family to bond and make the world a better place one step or increment at a time.

Comments

Popular Posts