Reading Response: ATDPTI

Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian is a really good book. It is about a boy who lives on a reservation with some medical problems. He also love to draw cartoons. One day, he decides to go to a school in Reardan, which is primarily all white kids. He is trying to fit in there. This book is very good because it can be relatable in some ways. I know what it feels like to be a new kid at a school, and he is going through that at Reardan. Also, I really love hoe the author adds in cartoons to the story. This element adds a beneficial touch because we can visualize the character how he author wants us to; it also adds a humor element to the story as well. Humor is one thing I really enjoy in a book.

One thing I find confusing is why the author made Junior have a medical problem. Maybe to set up the story? To make him seem more different? I ansi wonder why many of the parents are drunks. Finally, I like the idea of the character, Rowdy. His name just describes him. He always causes fights, and was Junior best friend. I can't wait to see what happens between them two.


Comments

Popular Posts