Research Paper: My Topic

My research topic is about World War II regarding women in espionage. My topic is interesting because women don't really get recognized in the espionage topic. When I started researching some women spies, I had not heard of any of the name before. Have you heard of Nancy Wake, Virginia Hall, or Odette Hallowes? Probably not. If you have, you have probably talked to me and I mentioned it. I feel as these women should receive more recognition and should be praised for their hard work and dedication. My research question is, "What did women spies in World War II do to benefit the Allies?" 

Did you know that Nancy Wake had to bike 500 km through German checkpoint to set up codes. She cycled for 72 hours nonstop. This shows her dedication and strength towards her country. Odette Hallowes: she had to cross mountains with a prosthetic leg that weighed 7 pounds! Talk about women being strong! These women benefited the Allies and eventually contributed to their win in the war. This issue matters because men were not the only face of the war; women were as important as men too. 


Comments

  1. Your paper sounds really interesting. I hope you get a good grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I have never heard of these women spies in espionage. Though, I would like to hear more about them since they do sound inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts